| ELECTRIC CARTS
- Electric cart speed limit is 8 mph.
- Electric carts are not to be modified in
a way that will affect capacity and safe operation of the vehicle
(for instance, you should not add a trailer hitch).
- Battery charging
installations will be in marked designated areas that are well
- Whether on or off-lot, drivers of electric
carts will obey all DMV vehicular traffic signs and regulations:
Stop at posted intersections and blind corners
Obey the speed limit
Do not pass moving vehicles
Avoid quick or jerky stops and turns at fast
Use seat belts and turn signals whenever
crossing city streets.
- Always check with your supervisor before
driving off the lot.
- Feet, legs, arms and hands are to be kept
inside the electric cart at all times.
Do not drag your foot outside the cart.
- Never park the electric cart in a fire lane,
aisle or doorway, or block material or equipment to which someone
else may need access.
- The number of passengers may not exceed the
number of seats or the manufacturer's recommended seating/weight
- When carrying a load, it is the driver's
responsibility to be sure the load is stable and will not fall
off the vehicle while the vehicle is moving. Loads will be balanced,
braced and secured. Always drive more slowly and with greater
caution when transporting a heavy load.
- Golf carts have been known to flip over,
causing serious injury. Always
drive under control and avoid sudden sharp turns.
- There is to be absolutely no horseplay on
the golf carts.
- Always face forward when driving the cart.
If you need to turn around or take your eyes off the
road for any reason, pull over and stop the cart.