HAND TRUCKS AND DOLLIES
- Always make sure the load is secure and doesn't obstruct your
- Keep the center of gravity of the load as low as possible by
putting the heavier object below the lighter ones.
- Secure bulky, irregular or fragile items to the truck.
- Position the load over the truck's axles so that the truck,
not the handles, carries the weight.
- Keep your feet clear of the wheels and maintain good balance
when moving the hand truck.
- When going down stairs or an incline, keep the hand truck ahead:
when going up, keep it behind.
- Pay special attention to your surroundings to avoid jamming
hands between the hand truck and doorjambs or other objects.
- Store hand trucks in a designated
area where they won't become an obstruction or tripping hazard.